Monday 30 September 2013

Chocolate Nutbutter Cups

Have you downloaded The Whole Pantry app for your smart phone yet? You haven't??   
Where have you been hiding? I was following Belle's progress with this app closely and I was SO EXCITED when it was finally released. I downloaded it immediately, parked myself on the couch and read every recipe word for word. And then. I never made anything from it. Don't get me wrong, all of the recipes are amazing. I don't know if I just built up the excitement too much much beforehand that...  Who knows.
Anyway people. I finally took the plunge yesterday, and made me some chocolate nutbutter cups.

What was the wait for?? These are amazing! I may have even eaten 3 straight after their 30 minutes in the freezer. Ahem. You're not judging. And if you are, well... make these. And report back! :)
 
sprinkling with a little natural sea salt and ready to be consuuuumed!


how gooey and delicious does my almond butter look!? <3

Chocolate nutbutter cups (adapted from The Whole Pantry App) :

☀ 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
☀ 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
☀ 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
☀ 2 1/2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
☀ 1/4 cup nutbutter  (I used almond butter)
 
Method:
  • In a bowl, whisk the cacao and salt through the melted coconut oil and rice malt syrup so no clumps are present.
  • Pour 1Tbsp of chocolate mixture into your chocolate moulds and place in the freezer for 5 minutes or until firm.
  • Remove from freezer and spoon 1/2tsp nutbutter into the centre of each chocolate. If your nutbutter is room temperature, put in freezer for 5 minutes to firm.
  • Top each chocolate with 1Tblsp of chocolate mixture and leave in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.

Extras:
>> I topped mine with sea salt. As these cups are raw, serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge 
>> Good coconut oil makes a difference in the overall flavour here!
>> I found my rice malt syrup liked to sink to the bottom when my cups were firming in the freezer, best to give it a good stir around before you spoon into cases


What do you think of The Whole Pantry App? Will you be giving these babies a go?

Happy Monday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment