Friday 11 October 2013

Friday bits'n'bobs

Friday, again. This week has flown by! I've pretty much spent it all looking at my clock and thinking, in the rest of the country, it's actually an hour later. *tear* Takes a while to get used to this whole no daylight savings business.

Officially 3 sleeps until I start studying! I was able to log on and view my subjects for my first block of study yesterday afternoon, I'm going to have a bit more of a play around today so I can make sure that I'm feeling 100% prepared and ready to go.
I have had a few "W! T! F!  am I doing!??!" moments... I think the idea of going back to study is just plain old scary. And there's always good ol' "fear of failure" chirping up in the back of you head planting doubt. Fun times! But all in all I'm really looking forward to it, and I need to remember to pull myself back when I get too far down my negativity path.

On to the Friday bits n' bobs:

☀ Have you met my babies yet?

Coco and Simba, my little labbies

☀ Is anyone as scared/excited as I am that there's Christmas decorations EVERYWHERE? I love Christmas and am hanging to put up my tree!! I've decided to wait until 30th November, hard as that will be, it's a Saturday and the FH will be home from work.

☀ We had an "Oktoberfest" themed BBQ here with friends on Sunday. Long weekend and all. We made pulled pork and sauerkraut, pickled carrots, salad and some garlicky mayo for pretzels. Good times. Monday was not so fun. Hangover, people. Just don't do em. I think it was about Wednesday before I started to feel 100% normal again.

☀ I neeeeeeeeeeeed these double chocolate cheesecake brownies in my life. Did I also mention they're gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free?? And also, have you checked out Deliciously Ella's blog yet? She has amazing recipes!

☀ The Vampire Diaries is back, YAY! And the spin-off The Originals has also aired. All is right with the world again. (Damon..❤)

☀ I love this Crazy Sexy Self Care Planner by Kris Carr. It's so important to make sure we're getting enough us time in some way, everyday. And to know what self care involves for ourselves.

☀ I've been reading each of The Veggie Mama's "31 Days of Confessions". She got the idea from fat mum slim's post, 50 things to blog about, and decided to turn it into a month of confessions.

☀ I went to Eumundi markets with an ex-colleague on Wednesday. I've been before, but I have to say I much preferred going on a Wednesday over a Saturday, much less busy. If you don't live on the Sunshine Coast and are ever visiting, it's definitely worth checking out :)

This warmer weather is just screaming BEACH to me. I think I'll be spending some time there tomorrow!

TGIF! 






No comments:

Post a Comment