Wednesday 5 March 2014

4 months later.... I'm back!

I'm back! After a 4 month hiatus. I know. I'm embarrassed too.

So, here come the excuses - The first 3 months were spent mostly on either the floor of the bathroom, in bed or on the couch in front of the tv. No, I didn't just turn suddenly super dooper lazy (although I forgive you for jumping to that conclusion!).
In case you haven't read the news via various social media glorious time-wasters - I'm pregnant!
Yes yes, it's true, I have a little Sprout-ster growing in my belly. Quite an active little Sprout too, after the first 15 or so weeks of intense nausea, exhaustion and vomiting, I'm now feeling like my bouncy old self. With lots of belly pokes and prods.

Oh, hello!

12 week front bumper

I'm currently 22 weeks along, and am having loads of fun spending too much money on teensy tiny adorable clothes for the bebe. M and I decided to find out the sex (decided - like there was any way I could have made it to 40 weeks without knowing this bit of info!) but we've chosen to keep it to ourselves, that way it's something we can share together and it's a nice surprise for our family and friends. I'm actually surprised at how easy it has been for me to keep it a secret, I thought for sure I would slip up with a 'he/she' comment *touch wood*.

Excuse no.2 - we've recently moved house. A big week that was, M was away at work for the time of the move. Awful awful. We are now mostly settled, internet is set up, office is organised and back to study I go.

This also means I can start nursery dreaming! I'm really loving the grey/white/yellow theme.. I figure it's nice and neutral for future bebes, and it's not too "baby cotton candy explosion blergh". Y'know.
A lot of effort has gone into this nursery - I think it looks amazing. I can't wait to start on Sprouts room!

In other news, I've started doing pregnancy yoga 3 times a week at Yin Health. If you're a Sunny Coast resident, I highly recommend checking them out. I had myself a post-moving pregnancy massage last week there also, and it was amazing.

21 weeks

Maternity shorts, why would you waste your money. A stretched hairband threaded and looped around your buttons does the trick people.

This blog will most definitely still be focused on food and wellness and day-to-day changes to a more natural way of living, as well as relating to my studies, with a lot (probably!) of pregnancy and baby stuff thrown in!
If you haven't already stumbled across Wellness Mama you should definitely take a look-see now.

Would somebody play with me, please!

I leave you with a picture of my rugrats -  and hope there are still people out there reading!

xx

8 comments:

  1. I'm reading! Ca-ute bump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! And thanks :) still waiting for it to pop pop!!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back!! Looking forward to future posts. Just read your vege garden one!! Cute. I'm very big into my vege patch too! Your bump is looking gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing better than having your own herbs and vege!
      Thanks :D

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Just found your blog via VF. My bubs is due in 2 weeks, eek! It's such an exciting time and can't wait to read more from you.

    PS. Disagree about maternity shorts. Best money I ever spent as I can't get my thighs into any of my old shorts LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, and congratulations to you too!! 2 weeks, so exciting!!

      Hahah I'm really lucky that so far baby actually seems to be burning my energy so I'm fitting my thighs into shorts I couldn't before! Haha :)

      Delete
  4. You look gorgeous as always Jess. Pregnancy suits you xx

    ReplyDelete